Careers & Internships
Programming and community engagement are at the core of our strategy. We invest heavily in supporting the development of integrated solutions and delivering reliable tools to those who need them most. Discover more about our innovative campaigns below and get in touch to stay up to date regarding our latest efforts.
Join Our Team
With close to 400 employees serving children and their families in need, St. Christopher’s needs hard working, passionate individuals looking to make a difference.
If you have a High School Diploma or GED, a valid driver license, and experience working with adolescents, please send your resume to HR@sc1881.org or:
St. Christopher’s, Inc. Human Resources Department
71 South Broadway
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
St. Christopher’s offers a variety of internships in various departments within its agency. It is interested in recruiting motivated individuals who want to have the opportunity to enhance their undergraduate or graduate degree studies. The agency provides a real-world setting to gain experience and insight into therapeutic, educational, clinical, and health services for adolescents.
The Benefits of Interning at St. Christopher’s
- a valuable addition to your resume
- exposure to a child welfare agency and its professional networks
- inside knowledge of a non-profit organization
At. St. Christopher’s our goals are for each intern to have:
- Experience with a variety of methods of assessment/ diagnosis across a variety of problems and clinical populations.
- Experience with a variety of methods of intervention/ treatment across a variety of problems and clinical populations.
- Experience with culturally/ethnically diverse populations.
- Application of critical thinking to professional practice.
- Understanding of professional, legal, and ethical issues relevant to the practice of psychology.
Our Current Opportunities
We are looking for an Admissions Coordinator to work with referral sources, families and our team to assist with the placement of youth at our facility.
- Knowledge of clinical diagnosis and experience in a similar setting
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Spanish speaking is preferred
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Campus Director to work closely with our treatment team to develop and oversee programming for our emotionally/behaviorally troubled and learning disabled adolescents at our Residential Treatment Center in Dobbs Ferry, NY.
The Campus Director will be responsible for the oversight of all youth and employees in our program.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory
- Master’s degree
- At least five years of experience as a program administrator with a focus on mental health is required
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional Childcare Supervisors to provide
oversight for the supervision of the programming and youth on our campuses.
The Childcare Supervisor will ensure that all crisis situations are appropriately managed for the emotionally and behaviorally troubled and learning disabled adolescents in our care.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a related field
- High School Diploma/GED
We are seeking an experienced and licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor to work with our team to provide services for emotionally/behaviorally troubled and learning disabled adolescents.
- At least three years of experience in a related field
- License to practice Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional driver/orderly to transport the youth in our care to and from medical appointments.
The driver/orderly will be responsible for gathering the necessary paperwork at the appointment and also doing light office work.
- Computer knowledge is a must and familiarity with electronic health records is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least one year of related experience are required.
We are looking for Recreation Workers to facilitate Therapeutic Recreation programming at our all-female New Windsor site.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- At least one year of experience in a related field
- HS Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
We are looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor to work along with the rest of our treatment team to ensure the most comprehensive treatment possible for the youth in our care.
- High School Diploma/GED
- CASAC certification
- 3-5 years of experience in a dual diagnosis program
We are seeking experienced and motivated professional youth care workers to provide therapeutic care to emotionally/behaviorally troubled as well as learning disabled adolescents at our Residential Treatment Centers.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- At least one year of experience working with at-risk youth
- A driver’s license is preferred
- Must be able to work weekends
The Clinical program offers an internship for Masters and Doctoral level clinician in Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy as well as Social Work. The St. Christopher’s internship program has been in operation since 2008 and has taken up to six interns a year. The purpose of our internship is help support new clinicians and prepare them for independent or collaborative worker. We provide a systematic program of supervised, professional training in an in vivo setting with teens and young adults. The internship training program is designed to integrate professional and ethical knowledge in a way that will permit the student to demonstrate autonomous and responsible functioning as a practicing clinician.
Contact Senior Director of Clinical Services, Health Homes & Admissions, Dr. Luke Hung at email@example.com.